obey-robots.txt
View Thread
Share your complete panel. This can be a stand alone panel or an infusion including a panel. Lately the name infusion has changed to add on.
 Print Thread
Trio forum threads panel (as on this site)
Fusioneer
Trio forum threads panel can be used as an upper or lower center panel.
It uses locale files so it is easily converted to your language. Dutch.php and English.php are included.
It shows, Most read, Most active & Latest answered subjects, side by side.

On news.php and \forum\index.php it shows Most read, Most active & Latest answered subjects globally.
When viewforum.php is called only te Most read, Most active & Latest answered subjects from that particular category is showed.

Installation is simple. Upload the map infusions to your root website directory.
It will add a directory trioforum_threads_panel in your infusions directory.
Of course you can also copy the trioforum_threads_panel directory directly to the infusions directory.

Go to you admin panel -> system admin -> panels
Click on [New Panel], you can choose either Upper Center or Lower Center. I think Upper Center is the best choice.
Panel Name: Trio forum panel
Panel Filename: trioforum_threads_panel_panel
Panel Content: (Leave as is or remove the content. It does not matter)

Panel Restriction: (Leave empty)
Admin Password: (Enter your Admin Password)
Panel Access: Public (Is the default)
Check the checkbox before "Display panel on all pages"

Save the panel. Return to Panel Management. [Enable] the panel. Move to the desired position.

For example like this;
Welcome Message
Trio forum panel
Forum Threads List

Demo:
http://php-fusion.org/news.php
http://php-fusion.org/forum/index.php
http://php-fusion.org/forum/viewforum.php?forum_id=11
Fusioneer attached the following file:
trioforum_threads_panel.zip [29.55kB / 619 Downloads]
Fusioneer attached the following image:
trioforum_threads_panel.jpg

Warning about ParkingCrew.com! Case: ParkingCrew.com acquires NameDrive.com but earnings are not transferred despite assurances and promises. Inquiries about this are ignored! It's just a con compagny. Don't do business with them!

afoster
Can this be adapted to Articles and if so what needs to be changed. If I read the description correctly, it will already work with News?

Fusioneer
No this is purely for forum posts. The mention about news.php in the description is about on what pages the panel will show.
Warning about ParkingCrew.com! Case: ParkingCrew.com acquires NameDrive.com but earnings are not transferred despite assurances and promises. Inquiries about this are ignored! It's just a con compagny. Don't do business with them!

afoster
OK, that explains why I wasn't seeing anything. Is it possible to develop this for articles and news?

Fusioneer
Ok I think it's a nice idea to have a trio panel with news, article and forum contributions.

I will look in to it and see if I can make this.

afoster
Excellent, I will check back for updates.

afoster
Any update on this?

Fusioneer

afoster wrote:

Any update on this?

Yes, today my short holiday started. I used this free time to code you a Trio panel with latest threads, news and articles.

See support thread: Trio panel with latest threads, news and articles

Jump to Forum
New Thread Post Reply
Use BBcode or HTML to refer to; 'Trio forum threads panel (as on this site)'
BBcode:
HTML:
Simular threads
Subject Discussion Forum         Last Post
Trio panel with latest threads, news and articles Panels/infusions (add ons) : 23 15-07-2015
Add edit message to Quickreply panel Modifications to viewthread.php : 1 19-01-2015
Insert an advertisement panel between forum posts Panels, share youre code : 2 16-12-2014
Navigation panel without CSS Panels/infusions (add ons) : 1 14-09-2014
Add Jump to Forum dropdownlist in forum index.php Modifications to forum index.php : 1 19-08-2014